Tuesday 6 April 2010

Bank rant #2


Ok so my local bank doesn't look quite this derelict but it feels like it. The wrong date on the wall I ranted about earlier was at least correct today BUT it was held together with a bulldog clip. The shiny marble effect counter bears the circular scars of a previous collection of stick on pens and the once colourful display boards of advertisements now bear a mismatched assortment of home made printed out notices reminiscent of a social club. The row of a potential 7 counters has at most 2 members of staff available to help but usually only one. Behind the counters is a huge impressive room which in a bygone era must have been a hive of activity but now houses empty desks and one rather large old photocopier. I don't know how I am going to vote in the forthcoming election, but can anyone offer a return to customer service, quality, and pride in appearance? I want to walk into a bank and feel that old sense of security that they will look after my pennies and make me feel safe. Right now, I am just glad to get out of the building without it falling down!

No comments:

Post a Comment