Thursday 28 January 2010

Worship at his footstool


I was ridiculously excited to get the phonecall from Ilkeston to say our footstool that will match our suite is ready for collection. We haven't picked it up yet but suddenly our conversation is peppered with footstool references. I had never realised what a Biblical word it is. In fact it occured to us we could prepare some Bible readings for the next deacons' meeting and see if they deduce the connection!
Here are a few....
"...I had it in mind to build a house as a resting place for the ark of the covenant of the Lord, for the footstool for our God..." I Chronicles 28: 1-3
"The throne had 6 steps and a footstool of gold was attached to it." 2 Chronicles 9:18
"Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His footstool." Psalm 99:5
"...I make your enemies a footstool for your feet...."Psalm 110:1
"Heaven is my throne and the earth my footstool." Isaiah 66:1
"...he has not remembered his footstool in his day of anger..." Lamentations 2:1
And that's just for starters! Time to put my feet up I think. Can't wait to collect it!

2 comments:

  1. But what are you going to put IN it??
    Old copies of the Baptist Times
    Love Letters
    Half finished crosswords *
    Next term's lesson plans
    A tin of biscuits for emergencies
    Three balls of wool, a pattern & needles
    ?????
    * actually, I am sure you always complete your crosswords

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the above plus more I expect!

    ReplyDelete