Tuesday 9 February 2010

Even though the day be laden




Even though the day be laden

And my task dreary

And my strength small

A song keeps singing in my heart.

For I know that I am thine,

I am part of thee,

Thou art kin to me

And all my times,

All my times are in your hand.


These words form the complete lyrics of the song I have chosen to be played in the school assembly as Mrs. H's choice. It starts slowly and gradually develops into what sounds to me like an Irish jig, repeating the same words again and again. I once used it as a music lesson and was fascinated to learn what it made the children think of: barn dances, hot chocolate, mountains, rollercoasters. I found out from the musicians themselves that the unusual instruments include a frying pan and empty beer bottles. Sorry I can't post a link to the music itself but this is where you can buy it. It's one of those songs that just carries you through a busy day.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love this song but have been unable to find it anywhere online. The link no longer works. Do you know the name of the album it was in or if it is still available anywhere? (I've been looking online everywhere) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, glad you like it. It is from the Waymarks album called Songs for the Journey, produced by Northumbria Community, UK. I think it is still available. Thanks, Helen.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I've found a digital version that I can buy. Thank you so much. :)

      Delete