Saturday 19 December 2009

Stick em up!

Christmas cards.
What do you do with yours? I have heard of people sorting them into categories: religious theme cards on this shelf, plants and flowers on that shelf. Or cards-from-family here, cards-from-church there. I'm not that systematic but I confess this year I have a shelf with pretty blue ones together. The others get stuck onto a hanging thing like in this picture but you can get some very odd combinations of adjacent images. eg a jaunty Rudolph next to some very serious looking wisemen. Or a desert scene with camels next to a snowman! I suppose variety is the spice, and there's another Christmas theme. Does anyone use those strings with little plastic pegs still? Anyway, whatever you do with your cards, I hope you manage to leave them there longer than I do. Due to a family tradition stretching back decades, long before recycling was fashionable, I like to cut up my cards to make tags etc for next year. So by about boxing day I am eyeing them up and planning how I am going to hack them to pieces. It is not long before I have a great pile of chopped up cards to clear up. So tell me dear bloggers, what do you do with yours?

1 comment:

  1. They are sorted, religiously, into "Christian nativity type stuff" and "secular stuff" Then I tuck them into the glass panels in the doors - one in the hall and two in the lounge. I admit that if you send me a card featuring Jesus, you'll get displayed prominently to greet visitors -snowmen etc are relegated to the back side of the doors and only seen when people are leaving!
    And yes I recycle mine to make tags and cards for next year. You wait till Boxing Day??!! I have ALREADY planned which ones are going to what purpose. And all the snowmen/robins etc go into a box for school projects, and the plain backs are cut with a guillotine into 10cm squares for my 'notes' box - and pretty village scenes etc are trimmed to 15 x 10 cm to make postcards. NOTHING gets wasted round here!

    ReplyDelete