Wednesday 30 December 2009

This is the day ... or is it?


Watching Mary Poppins for the nth time reminds me again how the banking world used to be run with such efficiency and precision. Imagine what Mr Banks would make of the chaos that is our financial system now. But the thing that ruffles my normally placid feathers the most is the fact that twice in recent days the calendar on the wall of my local bank has been wrong. How can a bank open its doors before changing the date? On one occassion, I mentioned it to a member of staff who assured me she was going to do it but then I came in. So it was my fault was it? I must remember in future not to go in until I have given them enough time to change the date. I must try not to become obsessive about this but I do find myself on walking past just looking up at the calendar to check it is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment