Monday 1 March 2010

Book launch


A book launch is an exciting thing. We so enjoyed attending Simon's launch of "Walking Home" on Saturday. It is like a birth of a dream, a graduation of achievements, and final resting place of all the hard work that has led up to that point all rolled into one. Apart from the fantastic array of homemade cakes on offer, it was just good to meet friends old and new and celebrate something noble. I have advertised Simon's book here before: 30 Jan Walking Home. But it is worth a second mention. I picked up my signed copy and began reading it on the way home. Just as well I wasn't driving, as it had me crying with laughter. The line that rendered me helpless was: "Walsall is a place where cold rice pudding causes a stir, especially if it is free!"


But quite apart from the hilarity, the book is full of poignant observations and reflections as Simon literally walked home to Leicestershire from Paris on his pilgrimage with a difference.

1 comment: